Friday, February 15, 2013

Step into My Closet

Closet space has always been an issue for me.  I've never had enough in any of the places I have lived.  My current house was built in 1980 with tiny closets. I don't get it, how were people able to store their shoulder pad jackets, puffy sleeve dresses and hammer pants back then?  Luckily, a previous owner had actually added on a wall and created a second closet in the master bedroom (thank you Jesus) so I get to use that one and my husband uses the original closet. From my post yesterday, you might think that I'm totally disorganized and my closet is a hot mess full of piles of dirty clothes, but actually it's quite the opposite. I have to be able to see everything or else it doesn't even exist.

Tops are color-coded, not in ROY G. BIV rainbow order, but pretty close.  Eventually, I will only have those velvety huggable hangers and get rid of all the plastic ones for a more unified look.


Clutches are stacked on top of each other and bags are lined up side by side. Pants are also color-coded, lightest to darkest.


Dresses are sorted by weight and style, from strapless to sweater dresses.



Monaco's clothes are squeezed into this little section in the back.  And no closet is complete without a GG poster next to the hamper.  Yeah I haven't actually hung that up yet.  Why didn't I do that the other night when I had out the tools to hang my bulletin board?


This is the biggest closet I've ever had and I've made it work, but I still fantasize about my dream closet...one that looks like a boutique and that I can just hang out in, like these below.  I've asked my husband if we could make our office into a closet but that got a big fat "no."  So, I will just keep dreaming, for now.

Picking out outfits is exhausting, so I will definitely need some kind of chaise lounge.  And I love this jewelry nook that has the necklace stands like you see in stores.


One of these hubs in the middle is an essential for a dream closet.  I die for the ones with clear glass tops that you can see into and drawers for tons of storage.


I will also need a chandelier hanging in the center of my closet.  If you are Lisa Vanderpump from Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, you have two chandeliers, and two jewelry hubs.



Lisa also color-codes her shirts.  Birkin bag anyone?


Shoe storage would be one of the most important features of my dream closet.  A whole wall like this would do for me.  I especially love the boot storage at the bottom of the shelves.



What would you include in your dream closet?






1 comment: