Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Anchors Away

When I think of anchors, I should think of luxurious yachts in Cannes or all-American Tommy Hilfiger ads, but I don't.  Instead, I think of a Crownline on Eddy Bay, my dad taking off at full speed while the anchor is still down, causing it to lasso around the boat, almost cutting someone's head off.  Then there are memories of my sister putting the anchor in the water, without actually tying it to the boat first... So maybe I wasn't bred for life at sea, but I haven't let that taint my love for the anchor print trend.  Nautical really isn't my style, but these items are an easy way to add a little something preppy to my wardrobe without looking like I'm summering in Cape Cod.

This jumpsuit and romper look comfy and casual but still stylish.  I would wear this anchor top with colored jeans and flats.
Left: Loft
Top Right: Joie
Bottom Right: Topshop


Below are a few easy, fun accessories to add a tad of this trend to your oufit.

Top Left: J.Crew
Bottom Left: Gorjana
Right: GoJane.com
 I added an anchor necklace to my color-blocked sweater the other day. 
Top Left: me in an H&M top, Forever21 necklace
Bottom Left: Cheryl Cole in A.P.C. sweatshirt
Right: Beyonce in Juicy Couture top
I love bandeau tops and would wear this cute bikini to the pool.  I bought this iPhone case because I like silicone cases.  I originally thought it might be a little too preppy for me, but actually it has ended up matching a lot of my outfits, like the one I'm wearing today.

Left: Miss Selfridge
Right: J.Crew Factory

Monaco just wanted to look at me and not the camera.  Are you going to add some anchors to your wardrobe or leave this trend to members of the Navy?

Gap top, Gap pants, Style & Co boots


No comments:

Post a Comment