Monday, February 25, 2013

Best and Worst Dressed- Oscars 2013

I was so looking forward to the Oscars this year, anxiously awaiting for the red carpet to begin last night.  I stayed up way too late to watch the entire show, and while the show itself was pretty boring, I must say that overall, the fashion did not disappoint.  The first one to arrive was Jessica Chastain and I was immediately in awe.  This color on her was amazing and she looked so confident and sexy.  Amanda Seyfried and Amy Adams also looked beautiful in their soft gowns.

Jessica Chastain in Armani Prive
Amanda Seyfried in Alexander McQueen
Amy Adams in Oscar de la Renta
 Besides Jessica's arrival, another Wow moment for me was seeing Naomi Watts.  She was also in Armani Prive, so if I ever go to the Oscars, I have already decided I'm wearing Armani Prive.  I liked Reese Witherspoon in Louis Vuitton, but I loved her hair and makeup even more.  She was just glowing on the red carpet and was so easygoing and happy during her interviews that I can't help but love her.  Once again, Jennifer Garner brought it, this time in Gucci.  This color is gorgeous and that necklace is beyond amazing.

Naomi Watts in Armani Prive
Reese Witherspoon in Louis Vuitton
Jennifer Garner in Gucci 
Several stars chose white, and these three were among my favorites.  Zoe Saldana is always a little quirky but it works for her.  Jennifer Lawrence def came dressed to win.  She's been wearing Dior all awards season so that was no surprise.  I can't help but wonder what she would have worn if she wasn't an ambassador for Dior and could wear anything she wanted.  I think she would have dressed a little younger and sexier, and part of me wishes she would have switched up designers a bit.  I don't like Charlize Theron's short hair but you know how I love peplum, so I loved her in this dress.

Zoe Saldana in Alexis Mabille Couture
Jennifer Lawrence in Dior Haute Couture
Charlize Theron in Dior Haute Couture
There wasn't much color on the red carpet at all last night, and even though these stars chose black, their looks were anything but boring.

Left:  Samantha Barks in Valentino
Nicole Kidman in L'Wren Scott
Center: Stacy Keibler in Naeem Khan
Right: Halle Berry in Versace
Sandra Bullock in Elie Saab
My worst list begins with Helen Hunt in wrinkled H&M.  I love H&M as much as the next girl but not for the Oscars!  She was a best actress nominee and could have worn anything she wanted, so this was a huge missed opportunity on her part.  Salma Hayek's choice was also questionable, as her dress is not flattering on her body type and the hairdo is terrible.  Jennifer Aniston's choice was not awful, I just think she could have done something more interesting.
Helen Hunt in H&M
Salma Hayek in Alexander McQueen
Jennifer Aniston in Valentino
Catherine Zeta-Jones looked gorgeous but something about this dress bothered me.  Something about the shape of it is a little off.  Poor Melissa McCarthy never gets it right.  She finds the most unflattering dresses for her body and wears them.  I think she should look to Octavia Spencer, who knows how to dress her curves, and try to be more like her.  Melissa's wind-blown look hairstyle is also unfortunate, but on the bright side, next to Helena Bonham Carter, she doesn't look so bad.  Helena purposely tries to be on the worst dressed list, so congrats Helena, you are on it. 
Catherine Zeta-Jones in Zuhair Murad
Melissa McCarthy in David Meister
Helena Bonham Carter in Vivienne Westwood

Like everyone else, I couldn't wait to see what Anne Hathaway was wearing.  I first saw this dress from the back, and I held my breath as she turned around, and then...confusion.  Hmm, well that is interesting placement for those seams.  Really I don't think this dress was completely terrible, I was just disappointed that I wasn't 'wowed' by her like I have been in Oscars past.  Does Rachel Zoe not style her (or anyone) anymore?  Who is her stylist? Someone fill me in.

Anne Hathaway in Prada
 So since I didn't pick one best dressed for the Oscars, I decided to pick an 'overall' awards season favorite and that goes to Naomi Watts.   All three of her looks were totally different but she was perfection in each of them. 

At the Golden Globes in Zac Posen
At the SAG Awards in Marchesa
At the Oscars in Armani Prive


1 comment:

  1. What did you think of Sally Field? I thought she was lovely!

    ReplyDelete