Thursday, February 14, 2013

A Little Organization

Like any UK fan, I normally wouldn't be caught dead wearing red and white, but for Valentine's Day, I made an exception.  This week I've been all about some fun necklaces.  I've been wearing basics like solid long sleeve sweaters and khaki pants so I needed to add some pieces to make my outfits a little more interesting.

Left: Macy's necklace, Gap tank top, Zara cardigan, Articles of Society pants, Anne Michelle booties
Top Right: H&M necklace
Bottom right: Apricot Lane necklace
I was having a hard time getting one of my necklaces out from the tangled mess of jewelry in one of my bathroom drawers the other night, when I decided I couldn't take it anymore and I needed to get organized.  Since I'm not allowed to use the hammer in my house, my husband hung up a bulletin board in my closet for me and I pinned some of my necklaces on the board.  I took his advice and only hung up the lighter ones, as I didn't want them falling off or the whole board to come crashing down in the middle of the night.
Here is my messy drawer, before.

Disaster.


Here is the board in my closet:




And here is the drawer, after the cleanout.  Ok, maybe it doesn't really look that much better, does it?  It's still pretty full, but at least now I can see what's in there. 


I'm not even going to show you my earring storage method.  It's embarrassing and you might call Hoarders on me.  So if anyone has any jewelry organization tips, please send them my way! 

1 comment:

  1. You can frame a piece of pretty lace and then use it to hang your earrings on!

    http://www.u-createcrafts.com/2010/04/creative-guest-trey-and-lucy-lace.html

    ReplyDelete