Monday, February 18, 2013

Life's a Beach

Happy President's Day to all you teachers, postal workers and VA employees who actually get to observe this holiday.  I don't get a vacation day today, but if I did, I would be taking advantage of all the great sales going on online and in stores.  Even though it's still February, I know several people who are going on trips to the beach soon.  The last thing I want to think about right now is putting on a swimsuit, but while compiling this post of vacation essentials, I got a little bit motivated and excited for the seasons ahead.

Of course, Victoria's Secret is my go-to spot for swimsuit shopping.  I love mixing and matching their tops and bottoms.  Here's some trendy ones I've seen this year- floral print, chevron, and polka dot.

All- Victoria's Secret
Below I found a modern version of the infamous itsy-bitsy teeny-weeny yellow polka-dot bikini.  I love the interesting Ikat print and shape of this red and white swimsuit.  This navy Vix swimsuit (a celeb fave) is a classic, flattering shape and has cute gold details.

Left: Victoria's Secret
Top Right: Robin Piccone
Bottom Right: Vix
There's so many great one-piece options out there that offer more coverage but don't look like old-school 'mom' swimsuits.  I like solid ones that are halter neck and low cut or strapless in a great bold or floral print.


Left: Victoria's Secret
Top Right: Trina Turk
Bottom Right: Ted Baker
There's no excuse to be wearing an old t-shirt and gym shorts when there are so many cute cover-up choices available.  I think short rompers and tunics are great to throw on over your swimsuit.
Left: both Loft
Right: Lemlem


Left: Beyonce
Center: Miranda Kerr
Right: Jessica Alba
A functional yet stylish beach tote is another essential.  The material should be straw, canvas, nylon or some kind of plastic that can withhold water and sand.  Maybe you just have a few things you need to carry, so this little Tory bag is casual and has a great island feel to it.  These other options are just big enough to hold what you need but light enough to easily carry around.

Top Left: Tory Burch
Top Right: Mara Hoffman
Bottom: both Marc by Marc Jacobs
 I always have a hat on in the sun to protect my face from (further) damage.  Straw fedoras are cute, but don't always offer enough shade so I usually go with a wide-brim straw hat or a lightweight Nike hat or visor.


Left: both Nike
Right: Eric Javits
 Some other fun things- printed beach towels and a beach bag organizer set to store your sunglasses, sunscreen and flip flops.

Left: Missoni
Right: both Henri Bendel
 Lastly, every trip to the beach includes a pair of sandals.  I would pair the leopard print ones with a black cover-up and the other ones would look great with bright colored or printed cover-ups and swimsuits.

Top Left: Sam Edelman
Top Right: Tory Burch
Bottom Left: Michael Kors
Bottom Right: See by Chloe
 I will definitely be making plans for a beach vacay later this year, but for now I will be dreaming of an island far, far away...

B in Becca by Rebecca Virtue, me in Victoria's Secret

No comments:

Post a Comment