Monday, April 1, 2013

I Work Out

So I have a beach trip coming up in about 8 weeks, which means I have started trying to whip my Kardashian booty into shape.  I've been running more and going to a class at the gym a few times a week.  I go through phases where I work out a lot and then don't work out much at all for a few months.  Before I started back at the gym this time, I went through my drawers of workout clothes and did a Spring cleaning to get rid of items that were worn out or did not fit anymore.  Then, I bought a couple of new workout tops for motivation.  I must say that workout apparel has come a long way in the last ten, twenty years.  Gone are the days where you can throw on an old tee shirt and Soffe shorts and look okay.  With all the cute options these days, everyone should be hitting the gym in style. 

"Miss Stoeger, I would just like to say that physical education in this school is a disgrace. I mean, standing in line for forty minutes is hardly aerobically effective. I doubt I've worked off the calories in a stick of Carefree gum."--Cher
I like to wear tight pants with shirts that are long and a little loose in the stomach area, since I'm not exactly Adriana Lima.  I prefer lighter colors on top (anything but white- I wear too much makeup for that) and dark colored bottoms to ensure that I keep true to one of my life motto's- never let 'em see you sweat.  Victoria's Secret Pink has some cute black leggings and their basic tanks come in all these great colors.

Victoria's Secret Pink

The tops below are flattering and functional. 
TL: Lululemon
TR: Adidas by Stella McCartney
BL: VSX Sport Victoria's Secret
BR: GapFit
I like workout pants that are just below the knee, as they provide plenty of coverage but aren't too hot.
L: Adidas by Stella McCartney
TR: Zella
BR: Nike

Nicole Richie, Reese Witherspoon, Gisele Bundchen
When I find a brand that fits me nicely, I tend to keep buying more of that brand (i.e. Gap jeans), which is the case with Old Navy workout pants.  Their dryfit shirts are also good to work up a sweat in and don't break the bank.

I wish I could say that I loved to work out, but I just don't.  I do love how I feel after I work out, but I also love how I feel after making some good purchases.  If only shopping burned as many calories as a body pump class...
Wildfox Couture


No comments:

Post a Comment