Thursday, April 25, 2013

Made in the 80's

Every year when my birthday rolls around, I get to thinking about my life and what I have accomplished (and not accomplished).  It's hard not to compare my life to others around me and other people my age, although I am not around people my age very often so I don't really know what life is supposed to be like at 27.  I know I'm way mature and wise beyond my years, but sometimes I look at other girls my age like the Olsen twins and feel like such an underachiever.  I've grown up with them, as I started watching them as babies play Michelle Tanner on Full House.  I even wanted a twin sister so my mom could take us to Hollywood to become actresses.  They've surely made a few mistakes along the way (did anyone see New York Minute?), but they have also created a billion dollar empire through their production company and multiple clothing lines, including Elizabeth and James and The Row.
Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen
There's no shortage of talented actresses and reality TV stars that were born in 1986.  Everyone knows that I want to be Blair Waldorf so I adore Leighton Meester.  I'm not always a fan of her red carpet choices, but lately I have been loving her bestie Emmy Rossum's style.  She killed it during her recent press tour for the movie Beautiful Creatures.  Does anyone else watch her show Shameless?  It is so good, but so wrong.  Emmy's character rarely dresses up or wears makeup, so whenever I see her on the red carpet I am wowed.  
Leighton Meester and Emmy Rossum
Most of the cast of Laguna Beach and The Hills are my age, including bff's LC and Lo.  I'm not sure what Lo is up to these days, but Lauren has two clothing lines, LC Lauren Conrad for Kohl's and Paper Crown.
Lauren Conrad and Lo Bosworth
I hated Olivia Palermo on The City, but am such a fan of her style.  The girl can dress and has become one of my fashion icons.  I know she is a guest editor for Piperlime.com but other than that, not sure what she does all day.  Who really cares though?  I would def be friends with her if I could borrow stuff from her closet.
Olivia Palermo
Also turning 27 this year are these gorgeous gals.  I thought Lea Michelle was younger, but maybe that's just because she recently was in high school on Glee.  I don't want to leave out the guys- Armie Hammer, Shia LeBeouf, Robert Pattinson, Stephen Colletti, Drake, and Penn Badgely also were also born in 1986.  I have forgotten what guys my age look like, but these guys look pretty dapper in their suits. 
Brittany Snow, Lea Michele, Megan Fox
  
Stephen Colletti, Drake, Penn Badgley
Whether I have achieved what I wanted to by 27 or not, I can definitely say I've turned out better than these two hot messes.
Amanda Bynes, Lindsay Lohan


No comments:

Post a Comment