Monday, April 8, 2013

Spring Shoe Guide

Spring finally arrived here in Kentucky this past weekend.  Thank you Jesus (in my Melissa Gorga voice)!  So besides getting to wear some different clothes now that it's warmer, we also get to break out some shoes that have been in hibernation. 

An obvious Spring essential is the ballet flat.  Tan is a good color to invest in since it matches so much, but white is also very versatile.

TL:  MICHAEL Michael Kors
CL: Frye
BL: Tory Burch
on me: Gap tee, Gap jeans, Tory Burch flats, Tory Burch sunnies, Louis Vuitton bag
 My favorite shoe of the season is the loafer.  Like I said, tan would go with a lot of stuff but I also love the different colors available for these Coach leather ones.  I would pair these with khaki dress pants or jeans rolled up at the bottom.

TR: DV by Dolce Vita
TL: Coach
BR: Coach
BL: MICHAEL Michael Kors


I recently bought my first pair of Sperry's.  I've never had a problem with them, I just didn't really think they were my style... until I found them in leopard print.  They aren't the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn, but I was informed they take awhile to break in so I'm giving them a chance, and getting lots of compliments on them while doing so.  I've also found some similiar style boat shoes that aren't Sperry's, but could easily be worn with jeans and shorts this Spring.
L: me in a Naked Zebra tank, Limited cardigan, Gap jeans, Sperry Top-Sider shoes
TR:  Missoni
CR: Sebago
BR: Splendid


Emma Stone is one of my favorite young Hollywood stars.  Her street style is very casual-cool and I've seen pics of her rocking all kinds of ankle boots.  I especially liked these tan ones and found a similar pair.  Even though they are boots, they are light enough for Spring and look cute with pants and dresses. 
L: Emma Stone
C: me in Bucco boots, Final Touch top, Bluetique necklace, Limited jeans
TR: Zara
BR: Sole Society
 My last Spring essential is the nude pump.  On my wish list is the L.K. Bennett Sledge pump that Duchess Catherine wears over and over and over again.  For the time being, I bought a similar style that I'm sure I'll be wearing with many different dresses in the next few months.  I broke out the bare legs with a dress yesterday and then immediately made a spray tan appointment.
TL:  Kate Middleton
BL:  L.K .Bennett
TR: Madden girl
BR: me in a Soprano dress, Madden girl pumps


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the style info.Guess I need to update my shoe collection!

    ReplyDelete