Thursday, April 11, 2013

It's in the Bag

I've always loved handbags and used to have a huge collection, but as I get older I have started embracing the 'quality over quantity' motto when it comes to purses.  Maybe over time I have gotten wiser, or maybe it's just that my taste has gotten more expensive.  I also go with 'bigger is better' when it comes to handbags, and it's kind of a joke among my friends and family how we can pretty much find anything we would need in my purse.  Hey, I like to be prepared, so yes I do need to carry a wallet, a wristlet, at least 2 pairs of sunnies, coupons, a notebook, a camera, a phone, and a plethera of medications with me at all times.

My ultimate 'dream bag' would be the infamous Chanel 2.55 quilted leather shoulder bag.  This bag isn't huge, but I could sacrifice and leave a few things at home in order to be able to carry this baby.
Chanel 2.55 Quilted Caviar Leather Jumbo Flat Should Bag

First, there was an 'It' girl, then came the 'It' bag.  The first one that comes to mind right now is the Celine Boston Bag.  An endless number of celebs carry this purse in different colors and sizes.
T: Nicky Hilton, Celine Boston Bag
B: Kourtney Kardashian, Nicole Richie, Jennifer Garner
 Another one is the Saint Laurent Ligne Y satchel.  I love bags that are structured but still big enough to hold everything.  Ok, fact of the day- Yves Saint Laurent is now Saint Laurent Paris but the iconic 'Y' logo is still widely used.
T: Charlize Theron, Miranda Kerr, Angelina Jolie
B: Saint Laurent 'Ligne Y' Leather Satchel, YSL Muse Dome Bag
 Springtime has me kind of wanting a white bag.  These are four of my faves that I have found so far.  These are all great shapes and sizes, and I like that they each have a top handle but also come with the longer strap.  I like options.
TL: Tory Burch Robinson Double-Zip Tote Bag
TR:  MICHAEL Michael Kors Devon-Large Leather Satchel
BL: Marc by Marc Jacobs Too Hot to Handle Medium Hobo
BR: Fendi Medium Chameleon Tote
 Even though it's hard for me, I do carry smaller bags every once in awhile, as needed.  I gravitate towards neutrals for most handbags, but I think crossbodies are cute in fun pops of color.
TL: Coach Saffiano leather phone crossbody
TR: Balenciaga Giant 12 Golden Town bag
BL: Marc by Marc Jacobs Classic Q- Little Ukita Shoulder Bag
BR: Rebecca Minkoff M.A.C. Shoulder Bag

I can't do a purse post without mentioning Louis Vuitton.  If my husband has learned anything from me, he could tell you that these bags are great investment pieces.  The classic ones never go out of style.  I love carrying the Neverfull MM but I would like a smaller option with a top handle or a crossbody. 
TL: LV Speedy 30
TR: LV Neverfull MM
BL: Jessica Biel
BR: LV Siracusa MM
My birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks, and although my b-day present is a trip to NYC, I'm just gonna throw this pic out there in case anyone feels like getting this little gem for me. 
Burberry House Check Small Hobo

No comments:

Post a Comment