Monday, January 28, 2013

SAG Awards- Best & Worst Dressed

It's awards season and last night the Screen Actors Guild Awards were given out in LA. Honestly I haven't seen many of the films nominated for awards but I still tuned in just to see what the actors were wearing. I know these awards are less formal than the Golden Globes and the Oscars, but I was still a little underwhelmed by what I saw on the red carpet. I didn't feel that anyone really made a huge fashion statement last night.  There was a serious lack of 'wow' moments.

There were definitely some great looks though. My best dressed goes to Jennifer Garner in Oscar de la Renta. She wasn't a nominee but she was lucky enough to be there to support her husband, nominee and winner, Ben Affleck.  I love the bronzy-gold color of this dress.  She looks effortlessly beautiful in this column gown and minimal jewelry.

Jennifer Garner in Oscar de la Renta

My other top picks are seen below.  These ladies all dazzled in form-fitting standout dresses.
Sarah Hyland in Dolce & Gabbana
Naomi Watts in Marchesa
Helen Hunt in Romona Keveza

Tina Fey in Oscar de la Renta
Viola Davis in Monique Lhuillier
Jessica Chastain in Alexander McQueen

I was looking forward to seeing what Jennifer Lawrence and Amanda Seyfried would wear, and they showed up in two of the biggest snoozes of the night.  And they also happen to look like twinsies in their navy gowns...oops!  Amanda's hair and makeup was so beautiful and I like her Zac Posen gown more than Jennifer's Dior.  Also in the mix- Lea Michele in Valentino.  This was a little too boring and prom-ish for me.
Jennifer Lawrence in Dior Haute Couture
Lea Michele in Valentino
Amanda Seyfried in Zac Posen

The biggest trend I noticed on the red carpet was black and white dresses. None of them topped the black and white Tom Ford gown that Julianne Moore wore to the Golden Globes a few weeks ago. I was surprised she chose to wear black and white again. I didn't like the dress she wore last night at first in pictures, but the shape did look beautiful as she walked onstage to accept her award.
January Jones in Prabal Gurung
Julianna Marguilies in Chado Ralph Rucci
Claire Danes in Givenchy

Left: Julianne Moore in Chanel
Right: Julianne Moore in Tom Ford

I really really hate to put Anne Hathaway on my Worst Dressed list, but I had to do it. I don't think her Giambattista Valli Couture dress was completely hideous, I just expect so much from her and this disappointed me.  Marion Cotillard's Dior gown went a little bridesmaid, while Alfre Woodard is Mother of the Bride in this unflattering green number.
Marion Cotillard in Dior Haute Couture
Anne Hathaway in Giambattista Valli Couture
Alfre Woodard 

Sofia Vergara in Donna Karan Atelier
Kaley Cuoco in Romona Keveza
Freida Pinto in Roland Mouret
Sofia Vergara makes the worst dressed list for this awful fabric choice.  The proportions of Kaley Cuoco's dress are way off.  And Frieda Pinto is one of the most gorgeous girls in Hollywood, she could be wearing anything she wanted...why did she choose this unflattering, boring pink dress and matronly hair style?
I can't wait to watch Fashion Police on E! tonite to see if they agree with my choices. What do you think? Who were your picks for best and worst dressed?


























No comments:

Post a Comment