Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Day 1

I work in a corporate office but dress code is business casual. I have to say I do dress for comfort during the week, and a lot more so as I get older. You won't see me teetering around the office in 6 inch platforms.. Unless someone out there wants to buy me some louboutins, then I would happily sacrifice my comfort for the love of shoes. Did I mention my office is freezing? I also have to factor that in my wardrobe choice so on a day like today I layered.
Button down shirt- Gap
Striped knit shirt- Gap
Pants- Gap
Booties- Madden Girl
Belt- Dorothy Perkins



Ok I promise not everything I own is from the gap! I just happen to live in a town with a limited selection of stores so I actually count the gap as a blessing. I looked 10 pounds heavier than normal due to the bulk of the layered button down and sweater, so I added this belt to create a waist.

This look is sort of menswear inspired, which is a hot trend right now. What do you all think about menswear inspired pieces for women?



No comments:

Post a Comment