Tuesday, July 23, 2013

A Midsummer Night's Dream

I awoke this morning to the smell of cinnamon rolls and mimosas.  I got out of bed, walked into the living room and saw 3 orange boxes tied with brown ribbons.  "Hermes!" I shrieked with excitement.  Smiling, I pulled out a scarf, belt and Birkin bag out of the boxes.  My husband entered the room and asked me if I liked my presents.  Then he reminded me to go get ready, as we were leaving for Capri in less than an hour.
L: Olivia Palermo carrying an Hermes Birkin bag (image from Google)
TR: Hermes Cordages Vintage Silk Twill Scarf (hermes.com)
BR: Nicky Hilton wearing an Hermes belt (image from Google)
I watched my closet rack rotate, then pushed stop on the remote control as my favorite DVF wrap dress came into view.  I put it on and stared into my jewelry case.  I decided on a vintage Van Cleef & Arpels necklace, Cartier watch, and Tiffany earrings.  I closed the case, looked in the mirror and then opened the case again.  I had almost forgotten my Harry Winston engagement ring!  Finally, I slipped on a pair of Ferragamo bow flats and called for my butler to come get my luggage.  
L: Diane von Furstenberg 'New Julian Two' Wrap Dress (Bloomingdales)
R: Salvatore Ferragamo 'Varina' Patent Ballet Flat (Neiman Marcus)
 
TL: Tiffany 'Solitaire Diamond Earrings' (Tiffany & Co.)
TR: Cartier Tank Watch (image from Google)
BL: Van Cleef & Arpels 'Alhambra Long Necklace' (vancleefarpels.com)
BR: Harry Winston diamond ring (image from Google)
Being the genius dog that he is, Monaco ran right inside his Louis Vuitton carrier.  I didn't have time to change purses, so I had to take the Hermes Kelly bag that I had already been carrying.  
TL: Miranda Kerr carrying Louis Vuitton luggage and dog carrier
BL: Nicky Hilton carrying an Hermes Kelly bag
R: some poor guy carrying LV luggage for Joan Collins
images from Google 
My husband drove us in his Porsche to the airport, looking like a modern day Dylan McKay.  Since it was a convertible, I tied my new scarf around my head and put on my Chanel oversized sunnies.  We boarded our private jet and popped open a bottle of Dom.  I soon drifted off into a deep sleep and when I woke up...Crap! I'm in Kentucky again! Oh well, a girl can dream, right? 
L: Jackie O wearing an Hermes Scarf
TR: Chanel 'CH5232Q 5013F' Sunglasses (shadestation.co.uk)
BR: Jackie O in Chanel sunglasses
images from Pinterest and Google
I love fantasizing about iconic fashion pieces that I long to be a part of my collection.  Surely I'm not the only one who does this...what are the items on your lust list?

1 comment: