Monday, August 5, 2013

In Living Color

My friends know that I usually steer clear of bold colors and I'll admit that only about 25% of my clothes are in hues other than white, black, gray, navy and beige, but since there's not much left of summer I'm trying to wear all of the bright colorful stuff that I do have while I still can.  Also, FYI, this is a great time to take advantage of end of season sales.
TL: Francesca's 'Santiago Knit Dress' (Francesca's)
BL: Joie 'Devitri Silk Shirt' (Nordstrom)
C: me in a Voll top (Bluetique)
TR: BB Dakota 'Helaine Pleated Top' (shopruche.com)
BR: Banana Republic 'Camden-Fit Floral Ankle Pant' (Banana Republic)

L: Nanette Lepore 'Bogatell Dress' (nanettelepore.com)
TR: Rachel Zoe 'Jonah Colorblock Dress' (shopbop.com)
BR: Gap 'Printed Split Neck Tunic Dress' (Gap)

L: Alice + Trixie 'Scout Print Silk Shirt Dress' (Nordstrom)
C: Zara 'Printed Pencil Skirt' (Zara)
R: I. Madeline 'Jewel Print Dress' (piperlime.com)
I love the Kate Spade motto that says to 'live colorfully.'  Sometimes it's easier said than done, but I'm trying to remember to do something every day that helps me live by this mantra.  No, I'm not going to try to bring back neon warm-up suits, but instead try do little things like take a different route on my evening walk, try a new restaurant, or make an extra effort to connect to a friend.  What do you do to add color to your world?


No comments:

Post a Comment