Friday, July 12, 2013

Mum's the Word

Is it just me or is everyone else thinking there's def a baby boom of some sort going on right now?  No, I'm not pregnant, but I have so many friends and family members that are expecting.  I'm so happy for all of them, and while I can't offer any credible baby raising advice, I can offer some tips on how to continue to look fabulous while preggers.

Pretty floral prints always look sweet and cute.  I like the look of the long cardigan over the dress here. 
More of Me 'Maeve Bib Dress' (moreofmematernity.com)
TR: NOM 'Floral Rosie Tunic' (bellydancematernity.com)
BR: Fragile Maternity 'Tie Waist Dress' (bellydancematernity.com)

Here's some of my fave red carpet maternity looks.  The empire waist dress is always a safe, flattering choice when dressing a bump, but it's also okay to flaunt your pregnant body in something tighter, as long as the proportions are right.  If you're showing a lot of leg, you should go for a higher neckline. 

Georgina Chapman, Natalie Portman, Selma  Blair
All images from Google


Kate Hudson, Kourtney Kardashian, Camila Alves
               All images from Google

Okay, I know most of my friends won't be hitting the red carpet anytime soon, so here's some everyday looks I like. 
Kate Hudson, Camila Alves, Kristin Cavallari
                All images from Google











L: ASOS 'Blouse with Ruffle Sleeve and Belt' (asos.com)
TR: HATCH  'Sunset Tunic' (shopbop.com)
BR: Free People 'Mesh Tunic' (shopbop.com)

My most stylish 'mommy' friend told me that maternity shopping can be a nightmare, so it's worth a splurge to buy non-maternity pieces and take them to a tailor to be altered to your shape.   She also recommended pairing soft, flowy tops with skinny jeans for comfortable, chic looks. 

T: Kate Middleton in Topshop, Olian 'Caroline Dress' (bellydancematernity,com),  ASOS 'Knotted Dress with Anchor' (asos.com)
B: Maternal America 'Scoop Neck Dress' (Nordstrom), Japanese Weekend 'Boatneck Top' (Nordstrom), Maternal America 'Embellished Top' (bellydancematernity.com)
























L: ASOS 'Vest with Double Scallop' top and 'Maternity Pleated Leggings' (asos.com)
R: Zara Maternity jeans and tee (zara.com)


My last tip- just please don't try to copy any of Kim Kardashian's or Jessica Simpson's maternity outfits!  

No comments:

Post a Comment