Thursday, May 2, 2013

Throwing Shade

"Sunglasses are like eyeshadow; They make everything look younger and pretty." --Karl Lagerfeld

Mr. Lagerfeld speaks the truth and I couldn't agree more with his statement on sunglasses.  Sunnies are the finishing touch to every outfit.  Plus, they cover up most of my face, which works out great when I'm not wearing any makeup.  I stash about 6 pairs of sunglasses in the console of my car and keep 2 pairs in my purse.  My collection ranges from Forever21, American Eagle, and Old Navy to Dolce & Gabbana, Calvin Klein and Tory Burch.  I think everyone should have at least a couple of really nice pairs and then some cheapies to throw on in the car or at the lake.  I haven't bought an expensive pair in awhile, so I've been looking for a new pair to invest in.  The cateye shape is everything right now and I'm desperately wanting a pair of black Tom Fords.  There are different styles of cateye, from subtle to very exaggerated.

TL: Kourtney Kardashian in Tom Ford
BL: Olivia Palermo in Tom Ford
TR: Tom Ford
CR: Tom Ford
BR: Burberry
Probably one of the most universally flattering types of frames for all face shapes is the aviator.  Sometimes when so many people have something, it makes me not want it, so I never bought the Ray-Ban Aviators when they became popular.  However, I did buy a cheap similar pair last year and ended up loving them, so maybe I'll reconsider the Ray-Ban's after all.

Clockwise from Top Right: Minka Kelly, me, Jennifer Aniston, Miranda Kerr
 I love the retro vibe of white sunglasses.  They look really fresh, fun and chic.
L: Grace Kelly
TR: Gucci
BR: Coach
Tory Burch is always a good choice, as her silhouettes are simple and classic.  I'm a label lover so I like when the designer brands have logo's or names on the sides.  So I have this pair that has orange T's on the side and I can't tell you how many people ask me if those stand for University of Tennessee or the Tennessee Titans...and they're serious.  My response is always the same, "You're joking, right?" In my head I'm giving them a big Cher Horowitz "as if!"
Top: Tory Burch
BL: Jessica Chastain in TB
BR: me in TB
I like both rounded and squared shapes that are a little oversized.  There's just too many pairs to choose from!  Bring on the sunshine.
L: Prada
TR: Burberry
BR: Prada

TL: Tom Ford
BL: Coach
R: Tory Burch


No comments:

Post a Comment