Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Bienvenidos a Miami

I love a good long weekend getaway (especially at the beach), but it always takes me about a week to recover from it.  I truly believe in catching up on sleep and I haven't been able to do that yet, but this trip was totally worth it.  This was a girls trip and we decided to stay at the historic Eden Roc in Miami Beach.  This hotel was recently featured on Kourtney and Kim Take Miami, but honestly that is not why we stayed here ;)  The beaches were beautiful and the ocean was a perfect temp.  It was hot during the day and warm at night, and my hair didn't even get very frizzy.   
Scott Disick at Eden Roc

Mason Disick, Kourtney Kardashian and Kim Kardashian at Eden Roc
I didn't take very many pics on this trip, but here's a few things I wore. 
L: Forever21 dress
C: Echo design coverup, Tory Burch tote, Forever21 hat, Old Navy sandals
R: Seventh Day dress (modcloth), H&M necklace, Steve Madden shoes
When I got to the hotel, the zipper was stuck on my suitcase and I was plotting how I was going to cut into it and have to go look for a new suitcase to take my stuff home in.  Luckily, the crisis was averted when my sister was able to get the zipper back on track!  Sisters are always there when you need them. :)

I really indulged in some great food (and wine) while in Miami.  There's some amazing restaurants and the other girls trusted me with making our reservations for dinner at Hakkasan and Scarpetta (both at the Fontainebleau) and at Cecconi's at Soho Beach House.  I think everyone was pleased with my decisions.  I tried so many things I had never had before, but my most adventurous move was trying my first cortadito, a Cuban espresso.  I never have any caffeine ever, and now I know the effect it has on me. Whoa.  I was awake for about 40 hours straight!  Probably not going to have another one of those at midnight ever again but I could definitely use a couple of shots of that every morning.  If anyone knows where I can get a cortadito in Bowling Green, KY please let me know!

my cortadito at Scarpetta


No comments:

Post a Comment