Monday, September 23, 2013

Emmy Awards- Best and Worst Dressed

Fiiiinally a red carpet that interests me!  It's been so long since the Oscars, and the VMA and Teen Choice Awards just weren't worth my time.  So here we are at the Emmy's!  Honestly, I don't watch a lot of the shows that were nominated this year, but I watched the awards nonetheless.  I would like to know when they will start having awards shows for reality tv.  Kardashians for the win every single time.

Ok, now to a Kardashian free red carpet- my Best Dressed list.  I love how elegant yet fashion-forward Kate, Rose and Taylor look.  Julia and Malin look polished and beautiful also.  This may be the first (and last) time Jewel has been on my best dressed list, but I thought she looked great.
Kate Mara in J. Mendel, Rose Byrne in Calvin Klein Collection, Taylor Schilling in Thakoon

Julia Louis-Dreyfus in Monique Lhuillier, Malin Ackerman in Marchesa, Jewel in Tony Ward
Just as we saw during awards season this year, the black and white trend continues.  My absolute favorite was Morgan Saylor.  She looked so chic, yet still young and fun.

Elisabeth Moss in Andrew Gn, Morgan Saylor in Honor, Julianna Margulies in Reed Krakoff
The ladies below were sizzling in these red hot numbers.  Of course, Sofia Vergara- another awards show, another mermaid dress and huge earrings.  But hey, whatever works.  I hope my body looks as good as Christine's when I am her age (or even by the time I'm 30).
Christine Baranski, Sofia Vergara in Vera Wang, Carla Gugino in Georges Chakra
We saw in all of the September issues that cobalt blue would be huge for fall, so it was no surprise to see so much of it on the red carpet.  I don't know who Rocsi Diaz is or why she was there, but she wowed me, and her gown was the best of the blues.
Edie Falco in Escada, Allison Williams in Ralph Lauren, Tina Fey in Narciso Rodriguez, Rocsi Diaz in Michael Costello
Ok, now the worst trend of the night- the sheer skirts.  I actually think I would have liked all of these gowns if they weren't see through at the bottom.  I do like all of these looks from the waist up.
Julianne Hough in Jenny Packham, Leslie Mann in J. Mendel, Lena Headey in Alessandra Rich
 All of the looks below are Worst Dressed nominees, but Paula Abdul probably takes the cake.  There are no words, so I'll just move on.  I hate the fabric of Emily's dress, and I think that whole silhouette is overdone.  I don't know who Kristin is either, but since she wore chevron on a red carpet, I really don't care to find out.
Paula Abdul, Emily Deschanel in Houghton, Kristin Connolly in Nicholas Oakwell
 Why does Carrie do this to me? She has a great body and could wear anything, but instead she wore a bad prom dress.  Kerry's dress was just confusing to me- too much going on.  The bottom of Alyson's dress looked like curtains, and I get that Zosia is kind of quirky, but the dress was just fugly.
Carrie Underwood in Romona Keveza, Kerry Washington in Marchesa, Alyson Hannigan in Marchesa, Zosia Mamet in Honor
 Worst fit ever on a red carpet goes to Amanda's dress.  PS, my bangs don't look like her's, do they? I hope not.  Zooey's dress was too matronly, Lena's dress was too much fabric and that hair and makeup is scary.  Jessica looks like she forgot to shave her chest and arm hair.
Amanda Peete in Erdem, Zooey Deschanel in J. Mendel, Lena Dunham in Prada, Jessica Lange in Escada

What were your most and least favorite looks of the night?

No comments:

Post a Comment