Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Is It Spring Yet?

We are getting so close to Spring, yet it still feels so far away.  I am looking forward to the next few months and have started thinking about what I will be wearing to several wedding showers and church events I will be attending.  Since the weather is so unpredictable here, I like to shop for pieces that I can layer with a knit cardigan or blazer. 

A sheath dress is always a chic, sophisticated choice.  These below are modern, yet not too trendy.  I could also see this tan dress worn in the fall with boots and a light sweater.
L: Limited
C: Anthropologie
R: MICHAEL Michael Kors
I've been seeing coral everywhere and I have to say I love this color for Spring.  This shirtdress is very versatile and could be worn now with ankle boots, and later with nude sandals. 

L: Collective Concepts
C: Rhyme Los Angeles
R: DV by Dolce Vita

The most literal interpretation of the Easter dress would be the floral print, but these below are mature ways to wear floral print without looking like a little kid or a tablecloth.

L: Anthropologie
Top R: Juicy Couture
Bottom R: Prabal Gurung for Target
A few more dresses below that are fit for Spring soirees.

L top: Anthropologie
L Bottom: Bar III
R:  Asos

My mother loved to dress me and my sisters in matching outfits on special occasions, like Easter and Christmas.  They will probably never speak to me again for posting this pic but it was just too funny not to...not sure exactly what year this was taken, but the matching dresses, hair bows and white gloves scream 1991.  We don't dress alike anymore on purpose, but it always seems like we unintentionally coordinate, like on Easter Sunday last year.  We'll see if we can make it happen again this year. 


BCBGeneration dress

No comments:

Post a Comment