Monday, March 18, 2013

I Can't Stand the Rain

Since I pretty much needed my car to pull a Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and turn into a boat to get me to work this morning, I can't help but have rain on my mind today.  To me, rain equals frizzy hair, rain boots, and trench coats, which brings me to another one of my 'wish-list' items- the iconic Burberry trench.   This coat is a classic and reminds me of a Gossip Girl dream sequence in which Blair thinks she is Holly Golightly, reenacting a scene from Breakfast at Tiffany's.  Audrey Hepburn wore a Burberry trench in the film.

Left: Audrey Hepburn
Right: Blair Waldorf
 Back in 2010, I tried to channel this Burberry ad (top pic, below) and wear white jeans with rain boots and an H&M trench.  This jacket will never go out of style and just this Spring, another Burberry ad featured its trench coats and also a super-cute Romeo Beckham.

Burberry ads
So I guess by now I have established the fact that the Brits just know how to do trenches.  Further proving my point are some of my favorite British fashionistas.
Kate Middleton Duchess Catherine, Pippa Middleton, Alexa Chung


We Americans also get caught in the rain and do our best to rock the look.
Olivia Palermo, Jessica Alba, me in MICHAEL Michael Kors
I love that trenches can basically be worn year-round, but there are different types for each season.  I do like white for Spring.  Each of these jackets have the typical silhouette but have a unique twist, such as the tan piping, black sleeves, or lack of buttons down the front.

L: Burberry
Top R: DKNY
Bottom R: The North Face
 Colored jackets are also fun for this time of year.  I have a yellow Gap one I bought years ago that I still receive tons of compliments on, but the olive green, coral and pink would also be fun to wear.


L: J.Crew
Top R: MICHAEL Michael Kors
Bottom R: Soia & Kyo
 These last two jackets are the standard trench in timeless shapes and shades of khaki.  Bottom line, a great trench is an essential and should be a staple in any wardrobe.

L:  Vince Camuto
R:  Zara


No comments:

Post a Comment