Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Blazing Away

When the weather is mild but I still need another layer, I to turn to a light jacket or blazer. A fitted blazer can instantly polish almost any outfit. Today I'm wearing one with black dress pants for work, but I've been able to pair this same piece with jeans and skinny cords for casual yet put-together looks.

Me in an H&M blazer

I've been eyeing this navy blue Aqua blazer, as the color is a great alternative to basic black. This striped blazer is a playful take on the traditional piece and would look cute with skinny jeans and flats.
Left: Aqua
Right: Loft

The blazers below incorporate one of my favorite trends- peplum. I would love to have this red one to wear to work with dress pants and this black leather one to wear with jeans and pumps for a night out.
Left: The Limited
Right: ASOS


Below, two of my style icons demonstrate how to pull off a blazer.  Miranda Kerr is airport chic in her blazer and skinny jeans.  Olivia Palermo shows off her impeccable street style by pairing her blazer with leather jeggings.

Left: Miranda Kerr
Right: Olivia Palermo


1 comment:

  1. Love this look as well, let me know if you see a cute colorful one for spring!
    Tara

    ReplyDelete